New and Noteworthy
Giving Tuesday, November 28!
You can help give the gift of a basic education to adults in our community. Join the movement — help us provide support and training to literacy tutors, and GED scholarships to needy adults, in Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington counties.
How to support PLC for Giving Tuesday:
- Use this Donate button to make a secure, fee-free donation via PayPal GivingFund.
- No PayPal account? Go to our donate page for more options.
- Follow us on Facebook for exciting updates.
- Share our message with friends and family and encourage them to join the movement.
SAVE THE DATE: PLC’s Annual Tutor Conference will be held on March 10, 2018 at Reed College.
Call for Proposals: We are accepting proposals for our annual Annual Tutor Conference at Reed College on March 10, 2018. We’d like this conference to be one of the biggest and best conferences yet! To learn more about the Volunteer Literacy Tutor Conference, watch this beautiful conference video.
Recent Requests for Tutors
(See our For Tutors page for more.)
- Lutheran Community Services Northwest Citizenship & ESL Program is seeking 3-4 experienced ESL volunteers to assist with classroom support, perform assessment duties, and serve as literacy and small group leaders. December 2017 through March 2018, Tuesday evenings, 6:00-8:45 pm, 605 SE Cesar Chavez Blvd. Portland, OR 97214 Contact: Annie Karas – email@example.com (email best), 503-731-9585
- Drop-in tutors needed at two Multnomah County Library locations: Midland Branch (starting in September) and Central Library Branch (starting in October). Drop-In tutoring offers flexibility to both learners and tutors. Lisa Regimbal, Multnomah County Library, 503-577-9984.